The Bosbury organ was built in 1871 by Speechly and Ingram of Hereford and improved by Ingram & Co of London in 1897. A small north transept was formed to house it.
There are three manuals and pedals with 29 speaking stops. Mechanical action is employed. Pipework is of a high standard and gives a full, bright tone.
The basic specification is as follows :
More detailed information and photographs can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register here.
The organ has several unusual features including the use of attractively painted 16-foot pipes in the façade (rather than the usual 8-foot pipe display).
This organ replaced a barrel organ made by TC Bates in about 1850, which is now in private hands. It had three ranks of stops: Principal, Stopped Diapason and Open Diapason, with 19 keys and 51 notes. Originally there were four barrels each pinned to play eleven tunes.